Last Updated: March 4, 2020
What does Reach Advance do?
Reach Advance is a provider of social media management. If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your information, then please contact us.
We collect information about visitors to our Site, our customers and their users, job applicants, and users of our customer’s social media pages/properties.
Such information is collected from the following sources:
Information We Collect Directly from You: The type of information that we collect directly from you varies based on your interaction with our Site and our Service. We collect information directly from you when you register an account with us, communicate with us on a customer service issue, apply for a job, and complete an application or other forms on the Site and/or Service. We also collect information that you send us via any medium, including, but not limited to email and telephone. In addition, we collect information about you from your social media interactions on third party social media properties, such as your social media handle, username, profile, postings, and messages you exchange with our customers.
Information We Receive from Customers: We receive information from customers in order to provide our Service. Such information may include a user’s social media handle, username, profile picture, biography, follower counts, website URL, first and last name (if provided by user), and messages or communications with our customers. We collect information from individuals employed by our customers such as their contact information in order to provide our Service.
Information Collected Automatically
When you visit our Site or use our Service, we may collect certain information automatically from your device.
Specifically, the information we collect automatically may include information like your IP address, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser-type, broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location), third party webpages accessed via the Service and other technical information. We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our Site (including the pages accessed and links clicked) or Service (including content accessed).
Collecting this information enables us to better understand the visitors who come to our Site or use our Service, where they come from, and what content and functionality is of interest to them. We use this information for our internal analytics purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of our Site and/or Service to our visitors and users.
Some of this information may be collected using cookies and similar tracking technology, as explained further under the heading “Cookies, similar tracking technology, and analytics” below and in our Cookie Notice.
Information from Other Sources
We may also collect information from other sources. The following are the categories of sources we collect information from:
Data brokers or resellers from which we purchase data to verify and supplement the data we collect.
Social networks when you engage with our content, reference our Site or Service, or grant us permission to access information from the social networks.
Partners that offer co-branded services, sell or distribute our products, or engage in joint marketing activities.
Use of Information
- Operate and improve the Site and Service;
- Provide users or customers with the Service and other products and services that a user or customer may request or that a user or customer has expressed interest in;
- Facilitate subscription processing, reviews and analysis;
- Evaluate user interest and needs in order to improve the Service and make available other offers, products or services;
- Evaluate the types of offers, products or services we make available to users or customers and potential users or customers;
- Monitor use of the Service;
- Provide customer support;
- Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to users through email or other means, such as special offers, announcements, and marketing materials;
- Conduct online research surveys regarding the Site and/or Service;
- Send you reminders, technical notices, updates, product announcements, security alerts and support and administrative messages, service bulletins, or marketing;
- Provide advertisements to you through email messages;
- Manage our everyday business needs;
- Fulfill any other business or commercial purposes at your direction or with your notice and/or consent.
Notwithstanding the above, we may use information that does not identify you (including information that has been aggregated or de-identified) for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law. For information on your rights and choices regarding how we use information about you, please see “Your Data Protection Rights” below.
To Whom We May Share Your Information
- to our customers in connection with us processing information on their behalf to provide social media management. For example, we share information with our customers in order to facilitate your orders, maintain and administer your online accounts, respond to your questions and comments, comply with your requests, market and advertise to you and otherwise comply with applicable law;
- to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or court order or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
- to vendors for business and commercial purposes;
- to any other person with notice to you and your consent to the disclosure;
- when you make information public through the Site or Service, such as information in your profile or that you post or comment on public boards. Please think carefully before making information public as you are solely responsible for any information you make public. Once you have posted information, you may not be able to edit or delete such information, subject to additional rights set out in the “Your Data Protection Rights” section below; and
- Notwithstanding the above, we may share information that does not identify you (including information that has been aggregated or de-identified) except as prohibited by applicable law. For information on your rights and choices regarding how we share information about you, please see the “Your Data Protection Rights” section below.
In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
We may also use analytics services, such as Google Analytics, to help us understand how users access and use the Service.
Google provides tools to allow you to opt out of the use of certain information collected by Google Analytics at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout and by Google Analytics for Display Advertising or the Google Display Network at https://www.google.com/settings/ads/onweb/.
Social Media and Technology Integrations
We offer parts of our Service through websites, platforms, and services operated or controlled by separate entities, In addition, we integrate technologies operated or controlled by separate entities into parts of our Site and Service. Some examples include:
- Links. Our Site and Service includes links that hyperlink to websites, platforms, and other services not operated or controlled by us.
- Liking, Sharing, and Logging-In. We may embed a pixel or SDK on our Site or Service that allows you to “like” or “share” content on, or log-in to your account through social media. If you choose to engage with such integration, we may receive information from the social network that you have authorized to share with us. Please note that the social network may independently collect information about you through the integration.
Your Data Protection Rights
You have the following data protection rights:
If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your information, you can do so at any time by contacting us.
Note that if you submit a request to delete your information, this may prohibit you from using the Site and/or Service.
You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing emails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), then please contact us. Please note that your opt out is limited to the email address, device, and phone number used and will not affect subsequent subscriptions.
Similarly, if we have collected and processed your information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. Where we process your information solely on behalf of a customer, we may be legally required to forward your request directly to our customer and/or social media business partners for their review / handling.
Security & User ID/Password
Our Site and/or Service may implement and maintain various reasonable and appropriate administrative, physical, and technical security safeguards to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. These security safeguards include, but are not limited to, network and host security controls (e.g., firewalls, intrusion detection systems, etc.), data encryption (both at rest and during transmission), and operating procedures that are designed to protect your information. You should protect your user ID and password and NOT share it with anyone. Additionally, enabling two-step verification or SSO integration, where available, is also recommended. If you believe your user ID and password have been compromised or you have trouble changing your user ID/password on the Site or Service, please contact our technical support department. Nevertheless, transmission via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of information about you.
We retain information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your information, we will either delete or anonymize it in accordance with our data retention policy, or, in the limited circumstances where this is not possible (for example, because your information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
CAN-SPAM Compliance Notice
We may send periodic promotional or informational emails to you. You may opt-out of such communications by following the unsubscribe or opt-out instructions contained in the email. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you emails about your account or any Service you have requested or received from us.
This Service is intended for a general audience, and is not directed at persons under eighteen (18) years of age.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your information, please contact us using the following details: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Disclosures for California Residents
These additional disclosures for California residents apply only to individuals who reside in California. The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) provides additional rights to know, delete and opt out, and requires businesses collecting or disclosing personal information to provide notices and means to exercise rights.
Notice of Collection.
In the past 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information enumerated in the CCPA:
- Identifiers, including name, email address, phone number account name, IP address, and an ID or number assigned to your account.
- Customer records, billing and shipping address, and credit or debit card information.
- Commercial information, including purchases and engagement with the Service.
- Internet activity, including your interactions with our Service.
- Audio or visual data, including pictures or videos you post on our Service.
- Employment and education data, including information you provide when you apply for a job with us.
- Inferences, including information about your interests, preferences and favorites.
For more information on information we collect, including the sources we receive information from, review the Information Collected and Information Collected Automatically sections. We collect and use these categories of personal information for the business purposes described in the Use of Information section, including to provide and manage our Service.
Reach Advance does not generally sell information as the term “sell” is traditionally understood. However, to the extent “sale” under the CCPA is interpreted to include advertising technology activities such as those disclosed in the Cookies, similar tracking technology, and analytics section as a “sale,” we will comply with applicable law as to such activity. Reach Advance discloses the following categories of personal information for commercial purposes: identifiers, demographic information, commercial information, internet activity, geolocation data and inferences. We use and partner with different types of entities to assist with our daily operations and manage our Service. Please review the To Whom We Share Your Information section for more detail about the parties we have shared information with.
If you are an authorized user of a Reach Advance customer, you represent and warrant that you will only provide information and use the Service acting in your capacity as an employee, owner, director, officer, or contractor of a company, partnership, sole proprietorship, nonprofit or other legal entity, and that your communications and transactions with Reach Advance (on and off the Service) occur solely within the context of Reach Advance providing the Site and Service to the company, partnership, sole proprietorship, nonprofit or other legal entity that you represent.
Right to Know and Delete
Consumers who are California residents (and not representatives of businesses, whether those businesses are our customers or others) have the right to delete the personal information we have collected from you and the right know certain information about our data practices in the preceding 12 months. In particular, you have the right to request the following from us:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the personal information was collected;
- The categories of personal information about you we disclosed for a business purpose or sold;
- The categories of third parties to whom the personal information was disclosed for a business purpose or sold;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the personal information; and
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
To exercise any of these rights, please email us at email@example.com.
If personal information about you has been processed by us as a service provider on behalf of a customer and you wish to exercise any rights you have with such personal information, please inquire with our customer directly. If you wish to make your request directly to us, please provide the name of our customer on whose behalf we processed your personal information. We will refer your request to that customer, and will support them to the extent required by applicable law in responding to your request.
Right to Opt-Out
To the extent Reach Advance sells your personal information as the term “sell” is defined under the California Consumer Privacy Act, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information by us to third parties at any time. You may submit a request to opt-out by clicking Do Not Sell My Personal Information. You may also submit a request to opt-out by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can designate an authorized agent to submit requests on your behalf. However, we will require written proof of the agent’s permission to do so and verify your identity directly.
Right to Non-Discrimination
You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of any of your rights.
California Shine the Light Law
Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California can obtain certain information about the types of personal information that companies with whom they have an established business relationship have shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. In particular, the law provides that companies must inform consumers about the categories of personal information that have been shared with third parties, the names and addresses of those third parties, and examples of the types of services or products marketed by those third parties. To request a copy of the information disclosure provided by Reach Advance pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, please contact us via email at email@example.com.